Saturday, October 27, 2007

Yo Regresso a E.E.U.U.

I'm back.

At the Huston Airport I flushed paper down the toilet. That was mildly exciting. I starred at the prices ($7 for a burrito?) and watched the people walk buy. One guy threw his empty Sprite bottle in my luggage cart and I glared him down until he removed it. He threw it on the floor instead so I ended up picking it up with the hopes I would catch up with him at customs. I really wanted to throw it at him in front of all of his business partners he was traveling with, and tell him he wasn't in Tegus anymore and he had probably spent his whole trip bitching about the place only to become just like it. But, I didn't. See how mature and refined I've become. Ugh.

But, here there is tap water you can drink (but nobody does).
Here there is way less pollution (except the San Diego fires have pretty much taken care of that).
Here there are trash cans (that a Sprite bottle can't make it into).
Here there are all of the things that the people down there want. Money, (but you can't afford to buy things), jobs (if you want to make minimum wage), and freedom (if that is what the Patriot Act says...).

But I'm being negative. There are a lot of things about being back that are nice. There is a complete lack of assault riffles on the street. I've been here for several hours and haven't seen any bullet proof vests. You can put your bags down, look away, and your bag will still be there. There are fresh vegetables and dogs that have homes and don't have nipples dragging on the ground as a result of the last 18 batches of puppies they have fed. Babies have clothes. Kids have shoes and there is electricity all day and all night.

Did I mention there is hot water, too! I'm a big fan of hot water now.

So, I'll be in the States until the end of November. Drop me a line and say hi and we can get some coffee.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you in san Diego the whole time or heading northward at all? Let me know. I would love to see you.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home