Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday and the Scorpion

There is a scorpion on my wall. I used to think they couldn’t climb because the ones in Honduras couldn’t make it over the lip of the shower, but now I know better. I’ve been watching him all day, well, as long as I have been up, anyway, and that hasn’t actually been very long even though it’s now 4:30. I guess I need to appreciate these last few days of vacation before it’s time to work again.

I figure there aren’t going to be any scorpions in Korea. Well, maybe not in the city, anyway. I like that idea much more then I like the fact that he, or she, is still staring down at me, with his large shadow projecting on the ceiling. I think if I leave the bedroom he’ll move and go somewhere I don’t know about and that is even worse than knowing where he is.

If my room was clean I could get the quidador to do something about it.

If my room was clean it would mean I was packed. Or the maid actually did her job.

How silly to have a maid.

How silly to have a scorpion on your wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home