Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Teaching Scorpion

I've been having doubts about teaching. I don't want to move back to the states, but I also am not sure I want to continue this either. What to do?

I decided to put on a scarf from Egypt this morning to have happy thoughts throughout the day, kind of a reminder of look at all the things a teaching job abroad gives you, thoughts.

I put it on, sat down, felt a tickle and watched a scorpion crawl from my neck, down to my leg and finally fall to the floor and scurry off. Friendly little guy for not biting me, I have to say, especially in my neck directly into my vein. That would not be pleasant.

Well, I didn't make any decisions about teaching today, but I did commit to not wearing that scarf. It's a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home