Sunday, December 10, 2006

PANIC!!!

Ok, I admit it. I panicked. I know on the exterior I come off as calm and relaxed. Things happen. Oh well. ha ha ha. But inside I panicked.

No, I wasn't held up at gunpoint like one of our teachers fiancé. Nothing bad actually happened. I just thought my computer was dead. Like my camera. I went to turn it on, not two hours after have using it last, opened the lid, nothing. Tried the on button. nada. Plug, cord, battery check. Nothing. Was that it? The end? after only 14 months?

My bosses Toshiba died after 13 months. One month after the warranty. Hmmmmm, Toshiba?

Pictures? Music? Homework, school work, resumes? All gone??? No DVD for yoga, no internet to listen to the radio back in the states or e-mail when ever I damn well felt like it. No pictures from Egypt, Sarajevo, Bulgaria? No Soduko or morning newspaper?

I panicked.

I felt, for the first time, totally cut off from the world. I felt that maybe I really did live two thousand miles from my nearest friend, in the middle of nowhere in a third world country. Only now I had no place to put my pictures or write my thoughts.

How quickly we depend on technology.

But after trying ten odd times over twenty hours, the little green light of the on button glowed, the fan started spinning, the hard drive starting thinking.

And my panic ended. Thankfully, I got out of it this time. Now I'm going to spend the rest of the night backing up the things that are important, all those things I thought "how sad!" when I realized they were gone, and clean up the other parts.

End of panic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home