Thursday, October 13, 2005

Fall


Well, it's fall. The heat has been on in my flat for the last week without a break, even though the afternoons warm up to a comfortable, short sleeve temperature. You have to regulate the temperatue by opening up the windows, but make sure you have them closed befor sunset, or you get the blatent reminder that, yes, it is fall.

Outside, the remaining leaves of the beech trees are yellow, and the tops of the maples are red. And at the outdoor market, the few remaining vendors are selling the fall peppers, potatoes and squash. They remain late, hoping to sell their last remaining items, so they can join their gardens and sleep for the winter.

I'm not sleeping this winter. School has started again, and I find myself with almost a double load of classes. So I'll spend fall in the coffee shops, grading. Who ever said I don't work for a living?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home