Thursday, February 17, 2005

Is It Spring Yet?

I bought a thermometer, and using seine twine and a few clever sailor knots, I managed to attach it to the outside of my 6th floor window on the top of my old communist cement drab building. It has been reading three or four degrees above zero for several days now which leads me to believe that eventually this snow will melt and spring will come.

Only, when I look out the window past the thermometer, which is reading three or four degrees above zero, I realize it's snowing. Still. How can it snow when it's above freezing?

For two days the weather made an attempt to change seasons. It actually rained, and the icewalks turned into lakes with floating slush in them. The water was ankle deep, and the snowplow went down the sidewalks to push the water and slush into the streets.

And then it snowed again, three or four inches in one night. And right now as I'm typing this, it's snowing again. The forecast is for snow all weekend.

However, if the forecast is as accurate as my new thermometer, I expect to be sunbathing soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home