Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Dolma's Tibet


I went back to Bouda in Kathmandu to see my old students and show them pictures of Tibet - their old home.

The first difference I noticed as I arrived at the Stupa is the energy and joy in the air. Women were talking to one another, stopping to light candles or lean their head against a certain statue in prayer. There were monks everywhere, music in the air, bells chiming with the spin of prayer wheels and a general happiness that were all lacking in Tibet.

I went to the school and as I went through some of my photos, Dolma, the youngest almost started to cry. “I Know her!” she said of the women in a small village who sold butter, dried meat, horse equipment and what not. And the next picture, which I thought was of Everest, was her grandmothers village. She can’t go there. I printed copies for her instead.

Dolma is in the pink striped shirt.
and below is the woman she identified. Above is her village, that small row under the mountains...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home