Friday, September 26, 2008

Fall

Fall started today. The humidity is gone, there’s that crispness to the air, and the world just seems nicer. They are starting to harvest the rice, and soon the green fields will be back to brown.

I liked summer though, in its extreme heat and humidity, with rain that cooled it off and cleaned it up. Mostly, though, I liked riding home after work, 11pm, as night was well on its way. The moment you left the pavement for the dirt road through the paddies, the humidity would disappear and you were only left with the crickets, cicadas and rice.

Tomorrow I’m heading off for a week in Mongolia – one of those destinations I’ve thought of for years; unfounded intrigue about to be satisfied. In the desert, the nights will be almost freezing and humidity will be a thing of far off lands and distant memories.

When I return I can begin my Korean countdown – 7 more weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home